Saturday, September 09, 2006

Out Of Breath

11:13am- Committed to exercising more often. Take hike up Coit Tower with boyfriend. Near top, chest explodes.

1:55pm- Invited to big island of Hawai’i by old college friend currently living there. Having just read “Krakatoa” and being really into plate tectonics, I jump at the chance. Before I can even check into flight costs, freak volcanic eruption occurs right here in San Francisco where North American plate and Pacific plate are converging, even though the subduction zone is more volatile and prone to eruptions up in Northwest near Mt. Saint Helen, Mt. Hood, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Baker, Mt. Adams and Lassen Peak. Go figure.

11:58pm- As I drift off to bed reading guidebook for April trip to Egypt, I glance down at all the strange blue veins just beneath my skin. I flick one with my finger and like a sprung coil, they all unravel and burst from my body.

Other than that, pretty good day.

No comments: