Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thirst Quencher

8:53am- Drive car to work and am asked to squeeze diminutive Miata into tight spot. Challenged, I gear up to make turn only to see water bottle filled with urine right where tire must go. What to do? I can’t get out and TOUCH it! Having no choice, run it over while expertly gliding into spot. Sound of plastic giving way and spray of liquid contained inside provokes gag reflex. As I exit car, urine puddle seems to wink at me while awaiting descension of my foot. I try to hop across, but slip, fall and knock self out. Left to drown in 2 inch puddle of bum piss.

8:14pm- Pick up what I will never know to be most delicious Burmese tea salad I would have ever eaten from Yamo’s on 18th & Mission. While walking back to car with boyfriend, witness truck screeching away from a scene with gaggle of gang members chaotically running after it. Gun fire rings out. Boyfriend turns to see me and takeout bag lying on ground. He picks up bag, raises fist to sky and screams, “Noooooooooooooooo!”

Other than that, pretty good day.

No comments: