Friday, April 14, 2006

Don't Be Happy, Worry

8:13am- Shear and utter awe at list of amazing activities we’ll be partaking in during our upcoming trip to South Africa and Namibia causes me to become paranoid that I have an impending appointment with the grill of a MUNI bus. Start taking extreme caution whenever I find myself near oversized multipassenger vehicles. Then get hit by Vespa.

11:34am- Hear that Bausch & Lomb contact lens solution has been causing nasty eye fungus called Fusarium and nobody knows what’s causing it. My own contact lenses react by seizing upon my eyeballs, spewing out toxic waste in a long awaited execution of their plan to take over our planet.

7:16pm- Filling up gas tank at service station in my lovely neighborhood of Visitacion Valley. Catch eye of fellow patron at pump. Asks me what I’m looking at. Not satisfied with answer, I am slain.

7:23pm- I realize I have short man’s complex while driving. Due to the diminutive size of vehicle, I feel the need to drive with my thumb hovering over the honky button. Any perceived deviation into my lane warrants a beep. However, in this case, intuition was correct. Dalmatech.com-ad-strewn Scion flicks me off 101-N. Ironically, was again on my way to Axum, my favorite Ethiopian restaurant in lower Haight.

Other than that, pretty good day.

No comments: