Sunday, March 12, 2006

Step On Up, Don't Be Shy

3:54pm- Hydroplane across 101-N while on way to get manicure with friend.

6:12pm- Hydroplane across 101-S while on way home from seeing friend, but not having gotten manicures because place was fully booked. Car rolls and thankfully it takes 10 minutes for me to perish giving me enough time to enjoy a few fingers-full of my takeout dinner of beef tibs from Axum Cafe. Think about using injera bread to sop up bleeding, but am too hungry for the sacrifice.

7:03pm- While putting finishing touches on bedroom shelving decor, step stool gives way. Impaled on metal step stool frame while holding Virgin Mary light switch plate.

7:15pm- Returning tools to garage. As I turn on light, mugger attacks and clubs me with oversized flashlight.

7:37pm- Predictably, while placing upon my bookshelf a fascinating book about 1906 San Francisco earthquake called "A Crack in the Edge of the World" by Simon Winchester, earthquake hits causing hefty IKEA Billy bookcase to crush me. Even still, I highly recommend it.

Other than that, pretty good day.

No comments: